Mothers Day Gift Bag

Mother’s Day for Australian Mum’s is just around the corner and will celebrated on May 10 2020. This year is the perfect time to make Mum a home made gift whilst isolating. I am not sure about you, but I seem to have lost my sew-jo lately. With so much going on in the world, it is hard to be creative. Making small items that can be completed in an afternoon are what I am focusing on at present. It is nice to create something from your “scraps” and have a quick win, without investing a lot of time into a larger project.

I recently sorted all my scraps into colours. I grabbed my Gifted with Love pdf sewing pattern and pink and grey scraps, and constructed this Mothers Day gift bag in around an hour.

Rather than sew a two toned heart (as described in the pattern), I used assorted pink scraps – florals, checks, polka dots etc for the foundation paper pieced heart. They really pop against the pale grey text background. I omitted the boxed corners on the base for this bag to make it even faster to construct.

This little gift bag is fun to sew and is the perfect size to hold a piece of jewellery; lavender sachets; home made confectionery, or other small treat.

The pattern is available for immediate download in my Etsy store and will be on sale from now until Australian Mothers Day on May 10.

Enjoy your weekend and keep sewing!

Check out :

Gifted with Love Pouch

Valentines Gift Bag

The post Mothers Day Gift Bag appeared first on A Spoonful of Sugar.



from A Spoonful of Sugar https://bit.ly/2xdyBp4
https://bit.ly/3aCHeaf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elastic Pencil Case

Liked on YouTube: Djadja